Thursday, November 18, 2010

Who Will Be The Next Superman?



Casting is now underway for the reboot of Superman, which is being directed by Zack Snyder and produced by Christopher Nolan. But the big question on everyone's mind is who will be playing Clark Kent.

There are several actors that have been getting a lot of buzz, and some rumors are that they may cast an unknown. Here are a few actors said to be in the running for the role.


Jon Hamm has been on top of everyone's list for several months now, and he certainly looks the part. The Mad Men star is a top-notch actor and a strong choice.


Armie Hammer pulled double-duty in THE SOCIAL NETWORK and impressed a lot of people with his portrayal of the Winklevoss Twins. So I think he is a rather good choice, merely for his acting talents alone.


Tom Welling has been playing Clark Kent on WB's SMALLVILLE for 10 years, and there are people out there (myself included) that feel that he deserves a shot at playing the Man of Steel.


Of course I think everyone was both amazed and taken back by Brandon Routh's performance in Bryan Singer's SUPERMAN RETURNS and I for one would love to see him get another shot, but I feel that the filmmakers will want to go another direction. I do think though despite other actors and their qualifications that Routh is by far the best choice.

So there you have it, a little update of the ongoing saga that is Zack Snyder's Superman film. This will most assuredly not be the last piece I write on it, and until then. Sound off! Tell me, who do you think should be the next Superman?

No comments: